Julie Roe Lach
- Indiana University McKinney School of Law, J.D., cum laude; Order of the Barristers, Top Advocate Recognition
- Millikin University, B.A., American Studies, summa cum laude
- US District Court Southern District of Indiana
Awards + Recognition
- Millikin University Alumni Merit-Loyalty Award, 2011
- CoSIDA Academic-All America Hall of Fame Inductee, 2009
- Indianapolis Business Journal Top 40 Under 40, 2009
- Millikin University Athletics Hall of Fame, 2002 Inductee
- GTE Academic All-American of the Year for the Collegiate Division (Women’s Basketball), 1997
- Kodak All-American First Team (Division III Women’s Basketball), 1997
- 22 Years
- Indiana University McKinney School of Law Board of Visitors
- Millikin University Trustee Emeritus (Board Member from 2001-2010)
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Ministries
- Indiana Sports Commission
- National Association of Collegiate Women Administrators
- National Association of Collegiate Athletics Directors
Julie has been involved with college athletics for nearly 23 years. She worked at the NCAA for over 15 years, most recently serving as the Vice President of Enforcement from October 2010 to February 2013. During her time at the NCAA, Julie participated in over 100 NCAA infractions hearings and played a major role in re-shaping the Enforcement program’s approach to penalties through the NCAA Enforcement Working Group.
Julie currently leads the Horizon League, a Division I conference headquartered in Indianapolis, as Commissioner. She serves as Of Counsel with the CCHA law firm and is a Managing Principal of CCHA Collegiate Sports Consulting (CCHA Collegiate), a CCHA partner that in conjunction with CCHA’s Sports Law Practice Group services clients in various NCAA compliance matters and provides strategic advising and consultative services for institutions and conferences.
Julie is a former women’s basketball player at Millikin University, where she is a trustee emeritus after serving on the Board from 2001 – 2010. She obtained her Juris Doctor from the Indiana University McKinney School of Law and an honorary doctorate from Millikin University in 2012.
She serves on the Board of Visitors for the Indiana University McKinney School of Law. She also serves on the Board and Executive Committee for the Indiana Sports Commission. She and her family are involved in several ministries at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church in Carmel, Indiana where they attend.
Julie and her husband, David, a Vice President with Cripe Architects and Engineers, have two young daughters, Halle and Harper. Julie loves spending time with her family outdoors, coaching her daughters’ sports teams, and when she gets a chance, she joins her dad in Southern Illinois for large-mouth bass fishing.
Get In Touch
Interested in working together? Send us a message and we'll get back to you soon.